Inflatable Roof Rack - Handirack
Designed for rugged outdoor use in America, the portable HandiRack inflatable roof rack has a patented, triple layer skin that makes the HandiRack virtually indestructible Perfect for travel.
To fit simply pass the straps through the door frame, clip the two ends together, inflate the bars with the free pump and you're ready to strap on your luggage. The HandiRack's innovative design doesn't affect the door operations in any way. You can still open and shut the doors as often as you like and operate the windows normally.
When you reach your journey's end, simply deflate the bars, unlock the clips and pack your HandiRack into the bag and leave it in the boot. You'll probably forget about it until the next time you're suddenly faced with carrying some unwieldy object back from the store, piste, auction, beach, car boot sale, school, garden centre etc. The HandiRack will carry up to 80kg in weight (just make sure your car can too!). It inflates in seconds, can be fitted in minutes and lasts for years. It packs away into a bag the size of your toaster, so leave it in the boot and you'll always be ready for action.
The HandiRack has been tested on everything from a Rolls Royce to a Nissan Micra and it fits them all. If your car has doors...even Gull Wing doors or roof rails... then The HandiRack can be fitted easily and safely. It has even been fitted onto a Ferrari which doesn't have traditional door frames, just windows that slide into the roof... and yes it still fits perfectly. So now you can sling your surf boards onto your Ferrari and look sporty as well as filthy rich.
The only car we don't recommend using it on of course, is a soft top. The HandiRack would still work, but your roof would cave in!
HandiRack Technical Specification - Fully Complies with ISO/DIS 11154-1E
Each HandiRack package contains
* Two HandiRack twin tubes (front and rear), each with 5 metal D ring tie down points
* One 1000cc high volume double action air pump (HandiPump) designed for use with most inflatables
* Detail instruction booklet
* Compact, rugged carrying case 18cmx39cmx15cm (6x15x5)
The complete HandiRack package is housed in a heavy duty, high gloss, full colour box and has a 1 year manufacturing defect warrantee.
* State of the art dense weave 420 denier nylon
* Laminated over reinforced PVC
* Airtight PVC high elasticity inner tube
* Valve constructed of High elasticity PVC
All stitching is nylon and manufactured by a mountain climbing equipment factory.
5 metal D ring anchor points
Two - 1 1/2 wide adjustable, heavy duty woven straps with metal safety lock fastener.
* Webbing strap 38mm polypropylene with polymer coating.
* Metal components are zinc alloy base with 30 micron zinc phosphate electropainting (black).
* Metal cam buckle unique to HandiRack with lower trailing edges.
* All rounded corners and r shaped release lever.
HandiRack Dimensions (unpacked)
* Length 146cm (57)
* Width (deflated) 33cm (13)
* Tube width (deflated) 14cm (5 1/2)
* Webbing strap total length 340cm (136)
* Height of tube (inflated) 10cm (4)
* Total weight of load should not exceed 80kg (180lbs). Owners are advised to consult vehicle owner manual to verify maximum roof load capability of vehicle.
* This is a temporary roof carrying system and should not remain fitted to the vehicle when not in use.
* It is the user's responsibility to ensure that the fastening devices are tightened correctly and checked regularly throughout the journey.
* HandiRack is not a flotation device and must never be used as a swimming aid.